To check out items from the Crossett Public Library, a patron must fill out an application for a library account
More than one family member may share an account. Library accounts and circulation of library materials are all free of charge.
Items may be checked out for two weeks at a time. They may be renewed once. Patrons must request renewals; the library does
not automatically renew items. If items are returned overdue, a fine of ten cents will be assessed for each day that each item is late.
Outstanding fines must be paid in order to continue checking out materials.
Patrons are responsible for any items that they have checked out from the time they are checked out to the time they are returned.
If items are lost, stolen, or destroyed while checked out, or are returned in badly damaged condition, the patron will be liable for the cost of repair or replacement of the item.
Other Library Policies
Public Behavior on Library Property
The Crossett Public Library is responsible for rules of public behavior in the library that are necessary to:
- Protect the rights of individuals to use the library’s property and materials;
- Protect the right of library employees to work without interference;
- Ensure the use of the facilities and materials from harm;
- Ensure the safety of library patrons and employees.
The rules for public behavior are given below. Any individual who repeatedly violates the library’s rules and regulations
may be denied access to the library at the library director’s discretion. Any individual whose privileges have been denied may
have the decision reviewed by the Board of Trustees.
Misconduct that hinders others from using the library’s facilities or materials, or which endangers the facilities or materials or the people using them, is
prohibited. Examples of such misconduct include:
- Loud or boisterous behavior
- Conversation that disturbs other patrons or employees.
- Profanity or other abusive language toward other patrons or employees.
- Abusing library furniture, equipment, or materials.
- Running in the library.
- Harassing other through speech or actions that another might reasonably consider hostile, threatening, or offensive.
- Fighting on the library property
- Use of tobacco in any form inside the library, or carelessness with tobacco on library’s grounds.
- Possession, sale or use of alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, or weapons on library property.
- Eating or drinking in the library building outside the Community Room or staff areas.
- Buying, selling or soliciting for personal or commercial gain
- Use of radios, music players, or cell phones at a level that can be heard by other individuals.
- Skateboarding on library property.
- Bringing animals (other than guide dogs) into the library.
- Not wearing a shirt or shoes.
- Use of emergency exits when there is no emergency.
- Theft or attempted theft of library materials.
Questions about this policy or actions taken in accordance with it may be addressed to the library director or the Board of Trustees.
Community Room Policies
The Community Room may not be scheduled for purely commercial activities.
Use of alcohol or tobacco is not permitted in the Community Room.
Users must make sure that the room and kitchenette are clean before closing (cleaning supplies, trash cans and a dumpster are available)
Refreshments may not be carried into lobby or the rest of the building.
Users of the Community Room are responsible for the condition of the room and its furniture and equipment, and for any damage that may occur
If a Community Room event is scheduled up to six months in advance.
Multiple meetings may be scheduled at the library director’s discretion.
For questions, scheduling, and additional information, contact the Crossett Public Library at (870) 364-2230
Use of the library materials and public access is free. There are, however, several services for which the library must charge.
Printing and photocopying
Printing from public computers and photocopying in the library carry a charge of ten cents per page.
This money is used to cover the cost of paper and toner, and of the equipment used for printing.
Use of the library’s Community Room carries a charge of $10. If refreshments will be served, the charge is $25.
Community Room fees are used to cover the cost of maintaining the Community Room and its equipment.
If a patron borrows an item by inter-library loan, the patron is responsible for paying return postage on the item.